The Firemen Came to Visit
This year we were very lucky to have a visit from two firefighters who are stationed at Birr Fire Station. As Hallowe'en is nearly here they came to talk to us about being safe around fire especially bonfires and fireworks. They gave us great tips on how to be safe in our homes.
Here are some tips to be safe in your home:
- Make sure to blow out candles and dont leave them near curtains or anything that could burn.
- Be careful around electricity and plug out any appliances that you can, but dont plug out the fridges.
- Dont light matches or lighters only adults can do that.
- Make sure that ashtrays are empties and all cigarettes are put out.
- Put a fire guard in front of the fire so that no sparks come out.
The Firemen brought Infants, First and Second classes outside to see their fire jeep. It was really noisy when they turned on the siren. All of the lights were flashing. Then the firemen talked to the senior classes and they gave them "Safety Team" packs. There were loads of goodies in the pack like colouring sheets and stickers. There were also game cards in the pack to remind us of all the safety tips we need to remember in our home.